What is Reiki?
- Reiki is a healing system that is administered by the “laying on of hands.”
- Reiki is based on the idea that an unseen “life force energy” flows through us, animates us, and keeps us alive. The knowledge that Divine Energy flows through everything and directly connects all of us has been part of the wisdom of many cultures throughout history. If one’s “life force energy” is low, one is more likely to get sick or feel stress, and if it is high, one is more capable of being healthy and happy.
- Reiki is a technique for stress reduction and relaxation.
- Reiki is a natural and safe method of spiritual healing and self-improvement that everyone can use. It is an amazingly simple technique to learn. The ability to use Reiki is transferred from the Reiki Master Teacher to the student. The student is then able to tap into an unlimited supply of “life force energy” to improve his or her personal health and to enhance the quality of life in others. Using Reiki is not dependent on one’s intellectual capacity or spiritual development and, therefore, is available to everyone. It has been successfully taught to thousands of people of all ages and backgrounds.
What is a treatment like?
- A treatment feels like a wonderful glowing radiance is flowing through and encompassing the total you. Reiki treats the whole person including body, emotions, mind, and spirit. It creates many beneficial effects that include relaxation and feelings of peace, security, and well being. Reiki creates the space for your own Inner Physician to bring you into improved health and well being.
Is Reiki a religion?
- While Reiki is spiritual in nature, it is not a religion. It has no dogma and there is nothing you must believe in order to learn and use Reiki. In fact, Reiki is not dependent on belief at all and will work whether you believe in it or not! Most students have reported wonderful results.
- Just for today I will gave thanks for my many blessings.
- Just for today I will not worry.
- Just for today I will not be angry.
- Just for today I will do my work honestly.
Just for today I will be kind to my neighbor and every living thing.
I teach Usui/Tibetan Reiki and am a registered Reiki Master Teacher with the International Association of Reiki Practitioners.
For further information visit www.iarp.org.
Reiki I Workshops
Awaken Your Natural Healing Ability!
REDUCE STRESS AND IMPROVE YOUR HEALTH by learning to give yourself powerful and effective healings.
- Experience a new frequency of energy in your body.
- Feel the difference as you give and receive healings.
- Receive the Reiki I Attunement and Certificate.
The experience was awesome. I had no idea what Reiki was like. Now I plan to use it to heal myself and others. – Ernesto Ortegon, April 2007
I liked the attunement and the practice of Reiki sessions on each other. Catherine is a compassionate, patient, and professional teacher. She creates a comfortable and safe learning environment. – Wendy Shay, April 2007
Reiki II Workshops
Expand Your Natural Healing Ability! – Pre-requisite(s):Reiki I Certificate required.
Reiki II brings additional personal and psychic growth, greater awareness of other realities, and more intense work with one’s Reiki Guides. And, as a Reiki II practitioner, you are qualified to begin working professionally.
- Raise your energy frequency with Reiki symbols and mantras.
- Experience a new level of energy as you give and receive healings.
- Learn about working professionally.
- Receive the Reiki II Attunement and Certificate.
I liked Catherine’s teaching methods of using visual, auditory, and kinesthetic methods to teach the symbols. She also used excellent handouts, reviewed information, and answered all questions well. I will use the class to help me in my ministry, to be of service to others in a healing capacity, and to combine this knowledge with my background in psychology to help heal the whole person. – Elli Robertson, April 2006
The Reiki symbols were explained so lovely that it made me see them as real. The Reiki session was great. An excellent class! Very much to the core of my being. It felt good! – Alicia Anderson, April 2006
Reiki Master/Teacher Training Class
Teach Reiki To Others – Share The Light! – Pre-requisite(s):Reiki II Certificate and at least four months of working as a Reiki II practitioner required.
This is for practicing Reiki II’s who feel called to teach others. This 3 day course covers:
- A review of Reiki I & II
- Instruction in Advanced Reiki Techniques
- The Master attunement and the Usui and Tibetan Master Symbols and their uses,
- How to give attunements
- Teacher training
- Tips on working professionally
- The Reiki Master certificate
I liked meeting new people who are also called to Reiki. I liked the way you walked us through giving attunements. – Rebeka Lopez, July 2006
I liked learning to give attunements and found that it becomes easier with practice. The discussion of professional issues was valuable. Catherine’s handouts are an excellent reference to use. I gained the confidence that with time, patience, and practice, I’ll be qualified to teach Reiki! – Elli Robertson, July 2006